Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Interview : Blog #8


        I interviewed one of the transfer students in Rutgers University, NANA Gotsadze. She transferred to Rutgers university 1 year ago and had a very hard time adjusting to the new environment. However she managed to overcome her isolation and pushed herself harder . Currently she has a 4.0 GPA, finished internship in Consulate Georgia and is interning in the United Nations. Her achievement are absolutely spectacular and she is one of the success examples provided in my research paper. Even though she didn't participate in NJ STARS program she was able to achieve great success on her own .
Where you excited to transfer in Rutgers?
NO . Not a top choice and wanted to pursue major in international affairs and Rutgers didn't have my major ?
When you transfer how did you feel?
I felt miserable, because Rutgers was too big, you hated bus system, and felt lonely and confused?
How was your academic semester?
I did well in my first semester . Concentrated on my work. Because it was a way to forget how Much I did not like Rutgers, because as a commuter and a transfer student, I felt like I was missing college experience.
How did you try to adapt to the new Rutgers environment?Although at first I did not like school and felt like an outcast, i decided I had to make best of the situation? I was lucky to have token classes with some awesome sociology professors that made me love my major and look forward to going to class. As time passed I met new people made friends and decide Rutgers was not so bad?
What are your academic goals?At this point I am in process of applying to summer internships with the help of several Rutgers professors.
Do challenges academically? This semester it has been difficult to be diligent with my homework and keep up with the demand of my classes.
Was it the same last semester?No, because I was only concentrating on school and right now I am also dealing with internship application and extra curriculum activities.
Do you think your grades will suffer?I don't now, but I try to do my very best. I don't know because at this point I realize that GPA is not the most important aspect of college. it is very important to gain first hand experience through internship and network .
How difficult transfer student?It very hard , because of how large Rutgers is and also to be a commuter. Its an alienating. Feeling, when you don't know anyone around You and you don't feel integrated into college community.
What kind of effort have you taken to feel more part of Rutgers student community?I made more Friends in my classes. But I haven't joined any clubs or sororities. As a commuter it is difficult to participate in collage activities especially with many credits and also working.
What advise would you give to other transfer students?Keep an open mind and don't jump to conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment